When we are suspecting Allergic eczema we need to avoid all things that can cause it until patch testing can be done.
Bland skin care:
- Follow for 6 weeks then can re-introduce one item per week on forearm (repeat open use test) or you can be patch tested to rule out allergic contact eczema.
- Wash with lukewarm water, 5-10 minutes max.
- Moisturize immediately after (while still damp) Petrolatum, Olive oil, Glaxal base, Cetraban cream and Impruv cream.
- Cliniderm (not Clinique) shampoo, the cleanser and hand cream are also safe.
- DHS conditioner (available at the front desk)
- Dove unscented bar soap (not liquid), petrophyllic soap.
- Wear 100% cotton or silk liners under clothes (if new wash 3 times)
- Avoid wool, synthetics or lined clothing.
- Avoid fabric softners (use vinegar instead)
- Use Tide, President’s choice, or Sunlight dye and scent free detergent.
- Vinyl gloves and cotton liners if the hands are involved.
- No nail polish or make-up.