LATISSE® is an FDA-approved prescribed solution for hypotrichosis (inadequate/not enough eyelashes) that increases growth, length, thickness, and darkness of eyelashes. It is available by prescription only and is distributed by Allergan to doctors’ offices and retail pharmacies.
Ensure face is clean and makeup and contact lenses have been removed. Place one drop of LATISSE® (bimatoprost opthalmic solution) 0.03% on the disposable sterile applicator supplied with the package and apply evenly along the skin of the upper eyelid margin at the base of the eyelashes. It should feel lightly moist without runoff. Blot any excess solution that extends beyond the eyelid margin. Dispose of the applicator after one use. Repeat for the opposite eyelid margin using a new sterile applicator.
- No not apply to the lower lash line
- Do not reuse applicators and do not use any other brush or applicator to apply LATISSE®
- Additional applications will not increase the growth of eyelashes
- Do not apply a double dose to make up or a missed one
- Upon discontinuation of treatment, eyelash growth is expected to return to its pre-treatment level
- Store this medication between 2°C to 25°C (36°F and 77°F) and keep it out of the reach of children
- LATISSE® is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to bimatoprost or to any of its ingredients.
Warnings, Precautions, Adverse Reactions:
- Pigmentation of the eyelids and iris may occur. Iris pigmentation is likely to be permanent.
- LATISSE® contains benzalkonium chloride, which may be absorbed by and cause discolouration of soft contact lenses. Contact lenses should be removed prior to application of solution and may be reinserted 15 minutes following its administration.
- There is the potential for hair growth to occur in areas where LATISSE® solution comes in repeated contact with skin surfaces.
- Most frequently reported adverse reactions: eye pruritus, conjunctival hyperemia, skin hyperpigmentation, ocular irritation, dry eye symptoms, and periorbital erythema. These reactions occurred in less than 4% of patients.
- Bimatoprost opthalmic solution 0.03% for topical ophthalmic use
Nonmedicinal ingredients: Benzalkonium chloride 0.05mg/mL, sodium chloride, sodium phosphate dibasic heptahydrate, citric acid monohydrate, and purified water.
For more product information, please visit https://www.rxabbvie.com/pdf/latisse_pi.pdf