Winter Skin Care
As the seasons change, you might notice your skin care needs changing as well. The summer sun and increased UV exposure can cause dryness and increased freckling and pigmentation. Fall is the perfect time of year to repair any summer damage and prepare for the colder season ahead.
Here are some of our top suggestions for repairing and preparing your skin for an all year glow your friends will envy.
- Use a gentle, moisturizing wash.
- Exfoliate 1-2 times per week.
- Add prescription or over the counter retinoid creams. Retin A products increase skin cell turnover, preventing dull, dry complexions (there is a transition stage when it is dry). They also are one of the top five recommended anti-aging tools you can use at home with amazing results.
- Use a rich moisturizer for your face and body. Don’t forget your feet! Extreme outside temperatures and indoor heating can suck the moisture right out of your skin. Creams are best applied immediately after bathing to prevent moisture loss.
- Protect your face and exposed areas with proper attire. Scarves are a girl’s best fashion accessory and help to protect our fragile skin!
- Just because it’s not summer anymore, don’t forget the sunscreen for the next 6 months. Sunscreen is a daily essential, so don’t set it aside.
Lasers can help remove redness and pigment if you require extra help with summer damage. Peels and microdermabrasion treatments remove superficial skin cell layers that can cause dull complexions and make your skin accept your creams more effectively. Makeup application will go on more smoothly.
When skin problems arise, you must ensure that you’re using products and services to specifically address your skin’s needs. If necessary, take it one step further and schedule a consultation with trusted skin-care professionals.
“I really regret taking such good care of my skin”- said NO ONE, EVER!
Featured in 50+ Lifestyle Magazine By Lori Ingrisell